The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has issued a boil water advisory for the Eberly Farms, Inc. public water supply system located in Sedgwick County.
Customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
The advisory took effect on March 25TH and will remain in effect until the conditions that placed the system at risk of bacterial contamination are resolved. KDHE officials issued the advisory because of unknown water quality in the distribution system.
For questions, call the water system or KDHE at 785-296-5514. More info is on the KDHE’s PWS Consumer Information webpage kdhe.ks.gov/waterdisruption
It looks like you are not a member of VIP Club yet. Please fill out the form below to access the page and join the VIP Club